Charles' nearly twenty years of experience resolving legal disputes around the world enables him to provide legal solutions to a diverse international clientele. From seizing vessels in Korea to collecting on large overseas debts, Charles gets the job done.
Charles’s expertise and experience mean that our clients can count on focused, effective representation whether their disputes occur on land or at sea. Charles has been interviewed by Fox News regarding international extradition and by PBS regarding maritime piracy and international criminal law.
A former yacht racer, Charles is especially interested in international maritime law. He recently won a landmark maritime case expanding a cruise line's duty to care for passengers through final disembarkation in Italy. Along with Russell Murphy (who is based in Mongolia), Charles co-manages our Mongolia law practice.
Charles enjoys tennis, skiing and reading historical novels. Charles was born and grew up in Houston, Texas.
- St. Thomas University (B.A., 1989)
- St. Thomas University School of Law (J.D., 1992)
- University of Miami (L.L.M. Maritime Law, 1995)
- Dean's List
- High Honors in Admiralty
- Judicial Extern: United States Federal District Court Judge William C. Turnoff
- Held US Coast Guard Captain's License
- Washington and Florida Bar Associations
- Federal District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Federal Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- International and Domestic Litigation
- International and Domestic Maritime Law
- International and Domestic Vessel Arrests
- International and Domestic Cruise Ship Law
- Mongolia Law